Marion Brothers

Marion Brothers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Journey with Barack Obama



Kym Keeton is my editor at Literafeelya Magazine. Here she describes her eye-opening expericence into the world of political awareness. Notice how she comes alive. Eddie Griffin (BASG)

Black Thought: My Journey with Barack Obama
by: kYmberly Keeton, Writer Yp4.org Blog

Reprint: Jan. 28, 2008

"You know, they said this day would never come," Barack Obama stated in his speech when he won Iowa earlier this month. This morning, the Senator from Chicago has won South Carolina by 55% of the vote--BLACK. I have dedicated this year to learning more about this man, that Caroline Kennedy-the Kennedy's have endorsed this morning. I now interpret that opening quote as The Day Has Finally Come!

I went out and bought the first book written by Sen. Obama, Dreams From My Father, began reading it while traveling the past two weeks, and I'm literally smitten by the young democrat who is changing the face of my generation. As I read about his trials of learning his own fate, identity, and place in the world, I see myself doing the same thing.

I believe that The United States is ready for a Black President. I have to recant on my earlier statements in past entries that he could be hurt if he took office (which still haunts me). I believe that Black people would be his shield just as they were for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. –The shield that I'm referring to is the support that is swarming the country and the budding fact that we actually believe in his ideals, and the need for change in the White House. In addition, he is waking up a new generation of leaders to take a stand.

I can't put his book down; I can't stop thinking about his intelligence, his brilliance, his tenacity, and realness. He is definitely the truth. I can't say how he compares to John F. Kennedy because I was born in 1976... However, I do believe that he is the first to use the word Hope in is campaign. I believe that is appropriate. If we are not to believe that things can change (and hoping for that change) then what are we really doing for our own country and livelihood as a people? I have watched a young man bring an entire country together in the past two months versus the last four presidencies that include Regan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush. Honestly, its enough for my vote--he woke me!

I know experience matters as a leader of the masses. Sen. Barack Obama does have that experience he has lived life, been up and down. He has climbed just as many mountains as the next man. If elected the Senator states that he will be, "...a President who will be honest about the choices and the challenges we face; who will listen to you and learn from you even when we disagree; who won't just tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to know."

I will end this brief excerpt this morning with a quote from Ralph Bunch, "I have a bias against war, a bias for peace. I have a bias which leads me to believe that no problem of human relations is ever insoluble."

Senator Barack Obama is the first man that I can say in my history who has created a revolution, a bias for peace, a bias against war, and believes that Human Relations is ever insoluble. Go. Obama. Go!

kYmberly "so.fly5000" Keeton
Publisher/Kreative Director
publisher@literafeelyamagazine.net

Literafeelya Magazine
"a literal source of n'ergy by way of ink!"
P.O. Box 667162
Houston, TX 77266-7162

Magazine Office: (713) 893-5594
Magazine Fax: (831) 301-3847

Info Email:
info@literafeelyamagazine.net

Myspace:
www.myspace.com/literafeelya

4 comments:

  1. He is exciting a lot of people. He has intelligence and charisma. We will see if that is enough to overcome his lack of political experience.

    I think intelligence and leadership ability and the ability to inspire people is enough to overcome inexperience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has created the same type of excitement I remember in 1960 with JFK. Just as we loved John F. Kennedy, we likewise share the same affection for Barack Obama. I am fortunate and blessed to live long enough to see the magic twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I like about Obama, the younger balcks are coming out in so many numbers. He has inspired a generation our elders have written off as de-sensitized and unaware. I was born in 1977, so I understand her perspective quite well. Although, I have also been into politics since I was 18, these last 8 years have created a sense of passion and duty to fight for change. There is a certain urgency that I can't resist.

    The innocence of her thoughts stand out the most, it reads like a coming of age tell, but about politics. Well written...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obama is one of the most interesting candidates that we have had in awhile.

    When people discuss experience as being important~that is true to a degree. But there is also a time that someone needs to step out of the box and beckon others to join them. I like the idea that he is not bogged down with a lot of political baggage.

    He is a good bridge between the old and new school of politics.

    This is a really well written piece on how you were influenced by Obama.

    ReplyDelete