Marion Brothers

Marion Brothers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Beasley’s Defense of Erykah Badu

In response to my call for the prosecution of Ms. Erykah Badu, Charles Beasley writes in her defense:


Yes I know the law was recently changed on crack cocaine. That is not the central point I was referring to. Go back to the beginning when the law was put in place. good Americans were screaming for heavier penalties. Now I see you my brother screaming for the prosecution based on your moral port hole to the world. Badu has a port hole to. I can respect the Pennsylvania Dutch religious group when the man walked in to there school a few years ago and killed all their students they didn't speak a mean word they went to the mans family and offered help to his wife. We as an historically oppressed people are to quick to call on the legal organized violence of the state to punish people we have failed to communicate with. Perhaps you should seek out Badu and ask her as a concerned citizen would she be willing to explain her actions before calling on Craig Watkins to prosecute her. Craig Watkins needs to spend his time making sure his office is prosecuting guilty violent criminals. I just don't think Badu's actions warrant the attention of the District Attorney when the case is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine and can be resolved by city courts.

Charles Beasley was a politically conscious jailhouse lawyer during the 1970s, and a member of an elite cadre known as “The Collective”, one of the original Marion Brothers.

Take it, then, that this is the side of the argument that I would have normally heard from him while in prison- what I would call the “devil’s advocate” position.

Beasley suggests that I should first speak with Ms. Badu, before going to Dallas District Attorney Craig Watkins and asking for prosecution.

Instead, I called the Dallas brothers out on the immoral behavior of Ms. Erykah Badu. In a town that never listens, Beasley was the only one, once confronted, responded, in Badu's defense. [This is the way we were accustomed in prison- once a man is called out, on the basis of his manhood].

Notice what Beasley sees: Now I see you my brother screaming for the prosecution based on your moral port hole to the world. Badu has a port hole to.

If he could actually see me screaming somewhere in the dimensions of his mind, then surely he would have heard me screaming- not for prosecution, but to convey the fear of prosecution to the mind of Ms. Badu. People must fear that there is a consequence for their behavior.

[A young black inmate steals a candy bar from a Mafia don in prison. What did the don want to do? You know it. He wanted to hit the guy, take him out, kill him, and eliminate one more maggot from planet earth. They sent me as a messenger, to warn, and save his life.]

I believe in putting the fear of God into people, not through violence, or the threat of violence, but with the written word. [Have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?]

If I speak truth to Ms. Badu’s situation, then let her tremble, and repent, and apologize to her fans and the public and to all the children she offended.

But Beasley invents these individualized, totally isolated, compartmentalized things in absentia called “moral port holes”. Supposedly, I got one, he got one, Erykah Badu got one, and each is separate and apart from the other, and should not be infringed upon one by the other. Sounds like another kind of hole, but for the sake of argument we can call it The Theory of Moral Port Holes, in the name of its inventor, Charles Beasley. This takes the World According to Garp one step closer to a state of mass insanity.

I saw the naked woman they call Erykah Badu on a video in front of the public in Dallas, and a child with a terrorized look in his eyes- all in the same frame. What about his innocent “moral port hole”?

An adult does not have the right to violate the rights of a child. This is not an equal rights debate. The child has absolute rights over the adult rights to obscenity, nudity, and profanity. This is not a court of legal and criminal opinion, but an absolute right given to innocent children by God. [Suffer the little children to come unto me… whosoever offend one of these least of these, it would be better to hang a millstone around his neck and cast him into the sea… except you become as little children, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven]

Why should the children be put through the hell of man’s own makings?

1 comment: